Have a say here if you're new to Programing

:smirk:ā€¦ Iā€™m not a pro yet bossā€¦ But I can help in the little ways that I canā€¦ Remember, Google or bing or whatever search engine u use is ur friendā€‹:slight_smile:

1 Like

To start with, a framework is more like a tool box that has the tools to accomplish basic tasks e.g A carpenterā€™s toolbox would contain hammer, nails, etc.

In my case, I use Laravel(just started learning Angular 2)

Laravel is a PHP framework that makes you app development simple and faster, it comes with the basic things you need to build your web app and more e.g:
User authetication,
CSRF protection,
more at laravel.com

UI frameworks like Angular, Vue, React etc
provide you with things like:
two-way data binding,
ajax integration (so you write less code to make an ajax call)
Easy way to manipulate the DOM(Document Object Module)
etc More at their various sites.

So it makes you write less code than you would writing your web app from the scratch, so you focus on your app logic plus they are fun to learn.
I hope this helps :wink:

2 Likes

@abolajibisiriyuā€¦ You just opened my eyes and mind to a whole lotā€¦:scream:ā€¦ Thanxā€‹:grinning:

1 Like

its amazing how well you broke it down. ā€œcarpenterā€™s toolboxā€ :smiley:

1 Like

I am working on a current project in which they use Laravel, and as a front end guy Iā€™ll have to know how to work with them.

Can you give me some basic things I need to know as a front end on modifying the UI /visual of a . Laravel framework

@wonexo It depends, The guy(s) working on the back-end might require you to just build all the static pages and then they wire it to their code themselves, but if youā€™ve got access to the complete project (maybe you guys some form of version control e.g git), the project folder may differ based on the laravel version. so might want to know how that of the version theyā€™re using looks like. but if you donā€™t want all the details :confused:, just know that:

The public directory is where all your assets like javascript and css files, images, fonts etc will be stored.
The resources/views directory is where your HTML files will be stored and you donā€™t store it as a .html file rather it would be stored as .blade.php (if theyā€™re using the blade templating engine ) or just .php ā€¦

They will know how to render and pass data to the html files.

1 Like

:smile: Thanks, I wanted to be as simple as possible.

Thanks it helped Iā€™m presently able to work with it now , one last question if I may,

So if I want to link an external CSS from my index.blade.php how do I go about.

Ok, Since youā€™ve put your assets(css, js etc) in the public folder, you can access it like:

E.g

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/app.css" > will link to the app.css file in your public folder i.e public/app.css

<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="/css/app.css" > will link to public/css/app.css

<script src="/app.js"></script> will link to the app.js file in your public folder i.e public/app.js

<script src="/js/app.js"></script> will link to public/js/app.js

You get the general idea, all your assets are linked relative to your public folder.

2 Likes

i am new to programming oo :wink:

Hello. Iā€™m new to program currently learning python. Is it possible to be both a front end and back end programmer?

Yeah, but you find out that youā€™d be into one than the other because theyā€™re both broad, have fun :wink:

Yeah thatā€™s trueā€¦ Thanks

Hi. Iā€™m not new to programming but Iā€™m new to PHP. Any helpful pointers?

Nah, itā€™s C++ that uses pointers :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wawuu. Very much wawuuu

2 Likes

i am new to LISP , i think i am alone studying this anyone who does LISP , scheme in particular , seems to be an interesting language for learning about programming

being learning css/html and python all together and it is like a bomb on my head oo, dont seem to getting it at all

Hi Sophie, welcome to the lane.

Hi guys , @Sophie @abolajibisiriyu @Ipaye @Banks Iā€™m not completely new to programming as I have a little knowledge of how prograsm work ( front/back end Ui/ux, database ,etc ) ,I also have a bit of experience with HTML &CSS but I know these arenā€™t programming languages so Iā€™m currently trying to learn java. I have a great enthusiasm for beautiful UI/Ux designs and I have been able to design a lot myself in .PSD . Iā€™m a student of University of Lagos and Iā€™m currently working on an IT project ā€¦