Ask-Me-Anything (AMA) with Early Attoh, UX Designer at CcHUB

Glad to announce our Ask-me-Anything (AMA) session with Early Attoh, UX Designer, CcHUB

Early Attoh is the cool User Experience designer, CcHUB, CU Alumni and also doubles as our unofficial DJ.

You can start asking your questions right away in this thread and your questions will be answered on Friday, 23rd of February, 2018 at 01.00 PM

Also, don’t forget to invite a classmate or a fellow student who would like to learn about product design.

2 Likes
  1. What exactly does UX (design) entail?
  2. I’m developing an interest in UX, as beginner, what should I do?
  3. What opportunities are available in UX?
  4. What skills do I need to start with?
  5. Would you be willing to mentor me?

I have loads of other questions but I don’t even know what I don’t know yet. :grin:

2 Likes

Hi guys, Early here. :wave:

I’m happy to answer your questions. :grinning:

2 Likes

Hey Teju, thank you for your questions!

1. UX design entails the following things:
  • Personas and Information Architecture
  • Wireframes and User Testing
  • Visual Design - UI & Graphic Design
  • Usability Testing
  1. Read a lot of design articles and engage in more conversations about design. UX Design is a broad subject area. I think you should figure out where you can fit in and what skills you can readily start learning. Also, practice too.

2. To be honest, there are tons of opportunities available out there.
    Bringing it back home, here in Nigeria there’s a shift in the building culture in our tech ecosystem. Founders are starting to realize the effect of having well-built products that offer great experiences across channels of user interaction. So to answer your question, there are opportunities for:

• User Researchers
  • Visual Designers
  • UX Designers
  • Usability Analysts
2 Likes

Hi guys, my name is Early and I’m a User Experience Designer at CcHUB, where I work with the startups incubated at the hub to ensure their products are usable and have great experiences.

I started designing back in 2015, and in that short time, I have evolved from being just a visual designer (read UI designer) to becoming a UX designer. I made the transition because I saw the need to make the products I was seeing and interacting with here in Lagos, better and more usable.

I’m super pumped to be here with you guys to share my experience and answer any questions you might have about my journey so far, the state of UX design our ecosystem, etc.

#wakandaforever :no_good_man:t5:

2 Likes

I am a developer and I will love to work with CcHub. How can I achieve this?