DEADLINE EXTENDED! Competition for Innovative Designs: Prize = Free Trip Abroad

Dear CCHub family, my name is Niniola and I work with the Dr. Ameyo Stella Adadevoh (DRASA) Health Trust. DRASA was established in memory of the doctor who helped stop the spread of Ebola in Nigeria in 2014.

I’m sure you can remember during the time of Ebola in Nigeria, hand sanitizer was everywhere and people prioritized their personal hygiene. That’s no longer the case so DRASA and our partners are working to improve hygiene in communities across Nigeria to reduce the spread of diseases and keep people healthy. As part of this initiative, we are locally-manufacturing health and hygiene products starting with hand sanitizer.

One of the challenges in ensuring widespread use of hand sanitizer is the lack of locally-produced sanitizer dispensers.

To solve this challenge, DRASA, ADCEM Pharmaceuticals, the Enterprise Development Centre (EDC) of Pan-Atlantic University, eLab, and the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN) Nigeria are hosting a #HackTheGerms innovation competition. We are seeking ideas for designs (simple drawings or any other visual) of hand sanitizer dispensers that can be developed locally and we are open to submissions from anyone. The winner will take part in a business accelerator program to make their design a reality. They will also get a free trip to Turkey next year to present their innovation as part of the 2018 Global Entrepreneurship Congress.

Visit bit.ly/hackthegerms for more details and to submit a drawing or any other visual of your design. THE NEW DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 1ST at 11:59pm. If you have questions, email us at info@drasatrust.org. Thanks!