Let's discuss Bootstrap

<p class="text-center> Bootstrap Made Easy </p>
2 Likes

Howdy Iā€™m new to bootstrapā€¦ But I just created a website with bootstrap even though I didnā€™t host itā€¦ Tz cool but I found it difficult to edit many things in the CSS folderā€¦ Lolā€¦ I ended up removing every single padding I set my eyes onšŸ˜Š

@sophie you dont need to edit any thing in the css folder if you want to add your own styling just create your own css file and add ur styling it will override some bootstrap ones you know css rules is the last style has priority than the other

U donā€™t need to edit ur css folders all u need is to knw d class when to add and hw to use dem

Wowā€¦ I never knew that ā€¦ Thanx a lit @Ibrahim_Adewumi_Ogun

Sorry i meant a lotšŸ˜Š

your welcome @Sophie

How do you mean? On the CSS rules. Please elaborate.

what i mean is in CSS ur last style will always override the ones you have before
for example
if you have styled a paragraph tag before
in a file like this
.p{
color:red;
}
and u create another css file and style the same paragraph tag like this
.p{
color:blue;
}
this new style will override the last styling
@danny dat what i mean

[quote=ā€œIbrahim_Adewumi_Ogun, post:9, topic:180, full:trueā€]
what i mean is in CSS ur last style will always override the ones you have before
for example
if you have styled a paragraph tag before
in a file like this
.p{
color:red;
}
and u create another css file and style the same paragraph tag like this
.p{
color:blue;
}
this new style will override the last styling
@danny dat what i mean

3 Likes

@Ibrahim_Adewumi_Ogun @danny also note dat u can u class in ur bootstrap website Web site, and when u include include an id into it, it overrides d class function,
example when u have

word

CSS file,

. bb{
color : blue; }

ur id will override text color created by class

that i know @gabby4hi

Okay, do you mean in a chronological order?

i donā€™t understand the grammer pls @danny

1 Like

What @Ibrahim_Adewumi_Ogun is trying to say is ; if you have a CSS file for a particular page in such a way that u have two same selectors( both with the same CSS properties but different values) or two selectors with the same specificity pointing to the same section of a page ,the identical selector that succeeds the previous will override the previous and itā€™s ( the succeeding ) CSS command /properties will be applied to the section of the page uā€™re linking to

For example

In a CSS file u have,

p { color: red;}
p {color: blue;}

The second CSS command will override the first ,therefore the ā€˜pā€™ section of your page will be displayed in blue font

I hope this little helps @danny

2 Likes

lolā€¦ okay, never mind. @Ibrahim_Adewumi_Ogun

Oh yeahā€¦ @kamteezey . I did not see this earlier. That was my thought, you just confirmed it. Thank you

Can we have a bootstrap competition just CSS n HTML no js

how do you mean @AramideAjax

@AramideAjax Iā€™ donā€™t get u, bootstrap is a combination of those things u mention