Talent Gap Study by CcHUB

Hello guys,

I’m Derin, I work as a Data Analyst at CcHUB.

We’ve been undertaking a study about the labour market in the tech ecosystem in Nigeria. We just released some of our findings in this blog post.

Read and share if you find it interesting.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I am Mayowa, the team lead on the fascinating project at CcHUB.

The second part of the study involves talking to computer science departments in Universities around the country. Kindly reply to this if you are interested in helping us with this phase of our study.

You can find out more information on Talent Gap Analysis of the tech industry in Nigeria here

2 Likes

This topic is now a banner. It will appear at the top of every page until it is dismissed by the user.

Python in the lead for scripting languages in Nigeria . I think most tech startups in Nigeria want to use AI in their work according to the report by talent gap analysis. Just that are we really prepare for artificial intelligence in Nigeria ? Well the software industry can still take part in AI but the IoT industry still have a long way to go in Nigeria today.

Am Abiola, a student of FUTA. I can help in the discussion with computer science department in my school

1 Like

Fantastic. Glad to have you on board

Interesting Study.

I Think even most developers in Nigeria that know some of these languages just stop at basics and don’t try to go in-depth, just basic stuff and then over-hyping and i think it’s the main reason many developers in Nigeria still find it hard to create instead of finding code to copy and edit.

Glad to help in any way i can with FUTA as well.

Tosin Omotoyinbo.
CS Student at FUTA.
Microsoft Student Partner and Google Developers Group Manager, Akure.

1 Like

I love this steps and I can Volunteer for the second phase, because CS students in my school needs comprehensive motivation towards becoming a Programmer.
Kolapo from Kwara State University,

1 Like

Fantastic. We are working on a simple survey for students. We’d love for you to complete the survey.

1 Like

Fantastic. We are working on a simple survey for students. We’d love for you to complete the survey & also share amongst computer science & engineering students. Is this something you can help champion in your University?

Fantastic. We are working on a simple survey for students. We’d love for you to complete the survey & also share amongst computer science & engineering students. Is this something you can help champion in FUTA?

1 Like

sure, would be glad to champion the cause here in FUTA.

1 Like

Intuitive and Interesting.

I quitecagree with @twisstosin , when I interned at a very reputable telecom firm (one of the green ones) I witnessed this first hand and it’s quite appalling. This study will go a long way in helping us build and develop our tech ecosystem.
I’ll be glad to volunteer/help in anyway I can.
Kome
Tech Enthusiast, budding mobile software Developer, Experienced Sales and Technical Support Expert.
I’m not a CS Student tho

1 Like

Thanks for showing interest in the study guys. We’ll get back to you on next steps soon.

However, if you have friends in other universities you think can help us with the second phase of this study. Feel free to get us in touch with them.

1 Like

Yes
Kindly send me a mail

what’s your email address?

serspreader@gmail.com

Hi everyone. I’m a student from the University of Lagos, faculty of science . I’m also interested in relating with our csc department

Great! We are rolling out this week. & we need year 4 & 5 students to complete this survey. Specifically those who are currently doing IT or are in their final year. Is this something you can help champion in FUTA this week?

Are you still a student? & also what University & Department?

Hello. Are you ready to champion this in Unilag this week? What course are you studying?